A nature table or seasonal table can a beautiful addition to your home. Keep it simple and interactive. The important aspect is that the child is able to connect with the objects and the scene depicted on the table. Generally, the scene should be related to the current season or an upcoming festival or holiday. The nature table is often the focal point of a Waldorf kindergarten classroom with the scene on the table directly related to the week's activities.
How to set up a nature table in your home:
1. Find a simple table, shelf or piano top
2. Drape the table with a seasonal color silk.
3. Hang a silk against the wall, tack it up or drape it over a tall book.
4. Add some found objects from your walks, like rocks, sea shells, pine cones, acorns
5. Special small toys can be added, like dolls or animals.
6. Add a vase of flowers, green branches, pussy willows, cattails, whatever you find in the garden!
7. On birthdays transform your table into a birthday scene. A rainbow silk and birthday ring makes it special.
Here are some ideas: